09 January, 2015

Cats the Play (before I've seen it)

In January me, my sister, my Mum and my Nan are going to see the play of Cats. 

At home, I have been listening to the CD and so far my favourite song is Memory as it is very touching and moving. I have heard the poem (but in case you haven't here it is     http://allpoetry.com/poem/4615685-Memory-of-CATS---after-T.S.-Eliot-and-Andrew-Lloyd-Webber-by-Jonathan-ROBIN). But all the songs are absolutely amazing.

Nicole Scherzinger is going to make an appearance as Grizabella. 


Cool Facts:
  1. Cats has been to 300 different cities and has been seen by over 50 million people. 
  2. Cats is one of the longest-running shows in West End and Broadway history 
  3. Cats is directed by Trevor Nunn with music by Andrew Lloyd Webber.

Here is a brief plot:
On just one special night of the year, all Jellicle cats meet at the Jellicle Ball where Old Deuteronomy, their wise and benevolent leader, makes the Jellicle choice and announces which of them will go up to The Heaviside Layer and be reborn into a whole new Jellicle life.

I think I am going to really like it.

Keep being awesome,
- Ines

7 comments:

  1. This sounds cool. You and your family are so lucky.
    Emily ♥ www.mylifeasapreteendork.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have listed you under blogs with brilliant book reviews in my pre teen dork book reviews 2015.
      Emily :)

      Delete
  2. Oh I love Cats! You are so lucky!

    ~Noor

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Ines I promoted your blog on mine by the way

    ReplyDelete
  4. No problem please visit my blog I will be posting a story on it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love Cats. I got to see the PBS screen special of it... I really want to see it live. It has such a beautiful story.

    xoxo Morning

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for leaving a comment - they always make my day. But remember, no rude comments which will be deleted immediately.